A few of you may know that I'm a big fan of substituting pasta or noodles with zucchini. It tastes fresher, feels lighter and is much better for you.
I was browsing for inspiration for tonight's dinner and thought I'd share what I'm having.
- 2 salmon pieces
- Black pepper
- 1 lemon, zested and sliced into thin wheels
- 2 medium zucchini
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. red pepper chili flakes
- 1/4 c. chopped parsley
- Flaky sea salt, for garnish
- Lemon zest, for garnish
- Season salmon with 2 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
- Trim one end of each zucchini and insert into a spiralizer. Turn to create noodles. If noodles are very long, cut them to approximately 7". Place noodles in a collander and season with 1 tablespoon salt. Mix gently to ensure all noodles are well seasoned to help remove excess moisture from zucchini. Set aside and let noodles drain over a dish.
- Preheat a frypan over high heat. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil until very hot . Sear salmon on each side for 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate and let rest.
- Meanwhile, drain zucchini noodles and pat dry with paper towels to remove as much water as possible. In the same frypan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add lemon slices and sauté quickly to deglaze the pan. Add garlic, chili, and noodles. Stir fry for 3 to 5 minutes until garlic is cooked and noodles are al dente.
- Serve salmon on bed of noodles and garnish with parsley, flaky salt, and pinch of lemon zest.