Indian spiced chicken with zucchini & beans
This is the ultimate dinner to help with digestion.
- 150ml bio-yogurt
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 4 skinless chicken thighs fillets (about 250g), cut into big chunks
- 200g zucchini or butternut squash cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 red onions, halved and thickly sliced
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 sprigs mint leaves picked
- 25g coriander, chopped
- 300g can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- grated zest and juice ½ lime
- Put 2 tbsp of the yogurt in a bowl with the spices, chicken and a really good grinding of black pepper, and set aside for 30 mins, or longer if you have time, to marinate.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan. Arrange the zucchini/squash on a large baking tray, crumble over the coconut oil (as it will be solid at this stage) and roast for 20 mins. Add the onions and chicken, spaced apart, and roast for 20 mins more until everything is cooked.
- Meanwhile, put the rest of the yogurt in a bowl with the garlic, mint and two-thirds of the coriander, and blitz with a hand blender/food processor until smooth. Tip the beans and remaining coriander into a bowl, and add the lime zest and juice with a couple of tbsp of the yogurt dressing. Tip in the zucchini, onions and chicken and toss everything together. Pile onto plates and drizzle with the remaining dressing.